In today's business world, effective and efficient teamwork are necessary ingredients for success.


Peak Performance² is a consulting company located in Montreal, Quebec dedicated to excellence.

With the strong belief that team performance is central to the success of virtually all organizations, Peak Performance² strives to improve their client's overall professional effectiveness and teamwork, later translating into results which exceed expectations. In order to attain such accomplishments, Peak Performance² offers an array of programs and unique services, such as individual and team assessments, customized learning solutions and professional consulting.



This blog is devoted to keeping readers up to date with Peak Performance² and all that is going on in modern times in regards to consulting.


We strongly encourage both reader involvement and lively debate!





Wednesday 19 October 2011

Teamwork- The Necessary Ingredient in the Recipe of Success

Companies are constantly searching for ways to improve and reach increased success, yet they often find themselves drawing a frustrating blank.

There is a simple answer to this matter.
The key to achieving high levels of success is fairly straight-forward, it is all about TEAMWORK!

Having spent the past years working many jobs in diverse industries, I have constantly been functioning and involved in teams. Here, I have seen first hand the good, the bad and the ugly.

I personally started off many years ago working as a media and marketing assistant, where I was part of a great team, a team which shared a common vision, common goals, a team which used each individual's strengths to the fullest. This led to much job satisfaction, where I know it is hard to believe, I would actually wake up in the morning and be excited to go to work! To nobodies surprise, we reached many levels of success, always accomplishing our many goals and constantly exceeding our management's expectations.

With that being said, the next job I had was a completely different story. I later worked as a customer service representative, where conflicts withing my team were rampant. Our group was a horrible fit, with employees allocated in the wrong positions and a huge lack of communication. As you can imagine, we were not very successful and after two months, I decided to quit that job. May I add, that was probably the best decision I have ever made to this day. 

Through my many personal experiences, I realized how all of the companies I worked for which had success had one major common theme, that being great teamwork. Teamwork was critical!

I therefore come to the conclusion that as you can clearly see, teams within your company can make you or break you. While having highly-qualified, talented and intelligent employees is of significance, it is of much more importance to have employees that function well together, as we all know by now that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. High performing teams are also seen as exceedingly valuable, as by many, teams are seen as a primary source of sustainable competitive advantage as while competitors can copy your products, services, programs or even steal some of your employees, it is virtually impossible for competitors to duplicate and copy your teams. Lastly, it is important to note that poor quality relationships inside an organization can poison relationships outside an organization, while positive relationships and strong teamwork can be the key to ensuring satisfaction both internally and externally, leading to positive accomplishment and again success.


To leave off, I want you all to remember the wise words of Helen Keller, where she once said
 "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."




Make sure to check out our website at http://www.peakperformance2.com/ to learn how we at Peak Performance² can improve teamwork within your organization.

Also, let us know what you think about teamwork!


Kyle Dana

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree, teamwork is an essential part of daily business activities within companies.

    As a future entrepreneur, when I do take on my first venture, I will definitely focus on having strong employees that will work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to this.

    Being a third year student and presently working in the field of marketing, I have always been working in teams.

    Couldn't agree more that teams are probably the major determinant for success.
    It is so important to be part of a good team that communicates well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work for a magazine and agree that teamwork is the most important factor in creating a successful work environment/organization. While it is important to have strong individuals at a company, if they cannot work together toward common goals then their personal skills are almost unimportant. It is the sum of its parts that measures the success of a team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree. Being a third year management student I have worked on many group projects and the teachers put a huge emphasis on how important teamwork is. When looking back on my past experiences, whether it be school or work related, team dynamics have always been a major factor in the success of the teams I have been involved with.

    ReplyDelete